Saturday, April 24, 2010

Continuation of Trisha's cupcake craze....

So what does my daughter request for her birthday treat at school? Cupcakes....what better time for me to test some recipe...

I thought the kids will like chocolate cupcakes and according to the teacher, they did!



And I've been wanting to try the the swiss meringue buttercream and it is indeed at silky and smooth as claimed. Definitely my favorite especially I'm really not a forsting/icing person...

I beat the egg white and sugar over double boiler till 160 C (to kill salmonela and to melt the sugar) and the used my beloved Kitchen aid to whisk the heck out of it

Slowly add in butter. I used 1/2 stick of butter per egg white, not too greasy. Ta da.. the basic swiss meringue buttercream.

I have to add some blueberry jam to it, just because....
Hmmm.. did I mention it's silky and smooth???











Final assemly, just simple swirl and some royal icing flowers that I have left over...the kids didn't mind, so why would I:))

No comments:

Post a Comment